Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unable to select second interaction option on inventory item

Hello,

Been trying to figure this one out for a couple hours no with no luck.

I'm able to interact with hotspots that have multiple options, such as "Look" and "Use" for example. However I'm now starting to play with inventory items for the first time and here I'm getting some strange buggy looking issues.

I have an item in my inventory, which I access via keyboard (input method is set to direct, and mouse to hidden at all times). I've mapped the tab key to open the inventory and this works fine.

I can cycle left and right in the inventory and if I press "e" which I have mapped to "InteractionA", I get a sub-menu for the inventory item, where I currently have "Look at" and "Use".

Look at is selected by default, and if I press "e" again here, I get the player dialog playing that I've defined. However I can't seem to cycle up to the "use" option.

What happens when I press up is is that the highlighting disappears, and for whatever reason, the text of where the item was picked up from will appear for a split second. If I then press down again, it will exit the interaction menu and will be back in the inventory menu with the item highlighted.

Another thing that seems strange is that in the inventory menu, I seem to be able to move the highlighted item down even though the menu is horizontal. When I first launch the inventory menu, move over to the first item in the list so that it gets highlighted, and then press down, the item will become deselected, and if I press down another say two times, in order for the item to be highlighted again, I need to press up three times as if there are hidden icons that I'm able to navigate over.

Any help to resolve above issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• The second issue mentioned above has been resolved by setting "When slot is empty" to disable for the inventorybox item.

Whilst the main issue remains, I've changed the inventory interactions to single for now to work around the problem.
  • When you say "up/down", are these the keys you've mapped to cycle through the inventory items, or to cycle through the interactions?  I would recommend keeping the two isolated for the moment - e.g. [ and ] to cycle through the interactions - until we know more about this problem.  I shall try to recreate the issue based on the information you've provided, and will post here if I need more.
  • I believe I've got a few different functions mapped to w and s which is what I'm trying to use.

Just checking now I've got them mapped to both "Vertical" which has both W and S, and I've also mapped CycleInteractionsLeft to W and CycleInteractionsRight to S. I've tried swapping this though without any change to the behavior.
  • I believe I've recreated this - look out for a fix in v1.53a.
  • Great stuff thanks so much Chris!