Forum rules - please read before posting.

Engine crashes when player starts custom animation

After I've updated Unity to the latest build 5.4.0f3 and Adventure Creator to 1.53d - game started to crash every time Player plays animation any other than idle. It uses Legacy animation method and used to work well.

If it tries to play talk animation or a custom one via script - engine crashes. If it goes Idle->Walk->Idle it crashes when player suppose to stop.
I've tried to rebuild the player from scratch but it didn't help. It works well if Player gets converted to NPC though.
On the other hand Tin Pot character works like a charm.

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Sounds like it may be a problem with the animation settings in the AC player script, you should give them a look or post some screenshots, maybe we can see if there's anything funny. (I mean, if other models are working it may be that the AC player is just not setup right). Just in case, make sure the settings in the AC player are being properly selected as legacy, you never know if the wizard may have had a problem or something. Also better double check your animations. I must be honest and say I've only learned mecanim so I'm not sure if there may be some issue with the way you are calling your animations (or the way they are being setup). Would be a good to give them a quick check anyway, specially because you upgraded unity, not sure if it changed anything (I've also had some rare cases in which asset files go bad after an upgrade...).
  • Did you upgrade both Unity and AC at the same time?  It's not clear from the description if the issue is down to Unity or AC.

Does anything appear in Unity's crash log?  Posting some screenshots of the relevant Unity objects may help to show the issue better.
  • Nope. Not at the same time.

It seems it has something to do with FBX exporter ver.
    I'll have to investigate further