Forum rules - please read before posting.

Relative Sound Volume for Individual Speech Audio Files

I guess the title says it all (suggesting adding this in the Inspector of a sound file). I was surprised to know that I will have to edit all my original voice audio files to have the same volume before I import them to my project. It's a basic feature that will save tons of effort and enhance the work flow.

Thanks!

Hari

Comments

• P.S.
    Since this is my very first post here, I would like to thank the developer for the fantastic plugin he made for us. Really fantastic.
  • Thank you @haridira - and welcome to the forum!

That would indeed be a nifty feature - though the Inspector of AudioClips are set by Unity so unfortunately that would have to be a new Unity feature rather than an AC one.  There's also the added issue of other sound files needed for other languages, so creating a workaround UI for managing all that doesn't seem too workable.
  • edited September 2016
    Not directly integrated in Unity (or AC), but this tool http://normalize.nongnu.org/ allows for command line batch processing of audio files, so at least saves the work of editing individual files.
  • Thanks Chris and Sneb.

That's sad to hear.

On another (unrelated) note, I would like to report the following to Christ: I get something like this when I export my dialogue sheet while checking the box asking AC to put the audio files in the character's subfolder.

A final 'slash' is missing before the audio file name. Is this intended?

(In this case, the audio file worked correctly when I named my audio file as 'William261' and put it in William subfolder. Same procedure was followed with all other files and they worked fine)
  • I might be the creator of AC, but that doesn't make me divine ;)

You're right - the slash should be there, thanks for pointing it out.