Forum rules - please read before posting.

Check if speech files are complete?

Hello people!

Right now I'm in the process of cutting all the voices into bits and pieces and putting them into the speech folder.
There is absolutely no hassle and it is as easy as it gets (Thanks Chris, for that).

However! I wondered if there is a way to check if I have all the speech files, or if I missed some?
I imagine it would be possible to check if all the Speech IDs have a corrospondend sound file in the ressource folder.

Please note that I'm not talking about an AC exclusive solution. I'd be happy if there is any tool that could do that for me, as checking 500+ soundfiles is kind of... time consuming :D

Cheers and thanks!

Comments

• A custom script could iterate through each SpeechLine record stored in the Speech Manager and check if the associated audio file is present.

The SpeechLine class contains all data for a line of text (speech or otherwise).  Using the AC namespace, you can iterate through all speech lines with:

foreach (SpeechLine line in AdvGame.GetReferences ().speechManager.lines)
    {
      if (line.textType == AC_TextType.Speech)
      {
        // Is a dialogue line
      }
    }

You can then construct the expected audio filename for a given language with the GetFolderName and GetFilename functions.