Forum rules - please read before posting.

Parented Player Character (Puppet Master)

edited October 2016 in Technical Q&A
Since i'm using RootMotions Puppet Master, which creates a Ragdoll Duplicate of the Character, both of the Game Objects (The Character with the Player script and the Ragdoll Puppet) have to be parented to a Parent Object. 
Adventure Creator doesnt allow me to use this Player in the Game Engine Settings. Is there a way to solve this? 
Thank you.
Onat

Comments

• AC's Player component must also be the root.  I'm not familiar with Puppet Master, but is there a reason why you can't move the Player component to the root as well?  The Animator component does not need to be on the same object as it.

Also know that you can use a local Player object in your scene if you need to - you don't have to assign a Player prefab in the Settings Manager, but if you don't you'll have to rely on local Players in each scene.
  • Hey man, I'm thinking about buying Puppet Master by the end of the sales, and I was wondering about your project's progress. Have you gotten it working? Does Adventure Creator go along with Puppet Master?
  • Yeah I'd like to know of people's experiences with PuppetMaster + Adventure Creator too. I already bought it and have it integrated with Opsive's Third Person Controller in fact. Not got around to testing with AC though.