Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is there a way to navigate a grid inventory in all directions?

Hello!

Does anyone have a nice solution for being able to navigate an inventory layed out in a grid in all directions?

To expand, I have an inventory menu that I've essentially made to be a 4x4 grid.

I've set game controls to direct, and I access the inventory on key input.

When the inventory displays I can only navigate it in the left <> right direction but I want the player to be able to access the second row of inventory items simply by clicking the down arrow.

It doesn't seem to make a difference if I set the element orientation to vertical vs horizontal save for the fact that if I set it to vertical, only left and right keys do anything, but with horizontal, up works as right and down as left as well.

Comments

• You'll need to switch your Menu's Source to Unity UI, and rely on a UI prefab in order to navigate in that way.  AC's keyboard navigation is rather simple, whearas Unity's Event System allows for complete control over that aspect.
  • How can I do the left or right navigation?

• Directly-navigating a menu requires that the menu be properly configured for it, which can be done in the Menu Manager. The exact steps, however, depends on the Menu's "Source" property.

See the Manual's "Navigating menus directly" chapter for details.