Forum rules - please read before posting.

How do YOU back-up your project, when updating?

Heyas!

I guess everybody has their own method of doing so, and some of us might even have access to some fancy source control software. So I figured we could exchange thoughts on how you are backing up your projects.

Right now, since it is "only" a prototype and only a student project I am somewhat fine with simply right clicking the project folder, zipping everything in it and name it properly, so I know when this zip was made.
I usually keep the last 14 days of backups, until I delete the earliest one (we don't have that much HD space here). However, once in a while, once a huge step was made (dialog is complete, speech is all in, ui is done, etc.) I take that zip file and store it in my google drive.

As you can see, it is a very manual way of doing backups. Which is fine for this certain project, seeing how small it is.
But I noticed that I can't work with dropbox/google drive while working on the project, as the temp files will be getting uploaded everytime I do something. Which is somewhat annoying.

How do you guys tackle the backup thing?