Forum rules - please read before posting.

Interaction Menu - Hover sound loops

I've added both a hover sound and a click sound to my interaction menus. However, when I move my mouse over one of these, such as "look at," the hover sound loops rapidly rather than only playing once. Is there a way to fix this such as an actionlist controlling the interactions or is this a legit bug?

Comments

• This was a bug in previous versions.  Are you using the latest AC, v1.54c?  What is your Menu's Source type set to?
  • AC is up to date and the interaction menu source is set to AC.
  • edited November 2016
    I checked all the menu parameters, and this (interaction as a whole) is the only one having this problem.
  • edited November 2016
    I can't recreate this in v1.54c - actually a different bug occurs in that the sound plays when the mouse leaves the icon.  However, this works fine in the WIP v1.55 update, so this should be fixed in the next release.
  • edited December 2016
    Just updated to the newest version and I still get this problem. No idea if it has to do with my menu configuration. I omitted the AC Resources folder in the update to preserve my settings.

Funny enough, I tested a new project with the demo to see if anything changed. This time, the hover sound I assigned doesn't play at all. Very weird.

Also, the sound effects don't kick in at the start until the first dialogue choice (the poster falling is delayed instead). But the music comes in on play no problem.
  • edited December 2016
    Open up PlayerMenus and find line 1879:

if (!mouseOverMenu)

Replace it with:

if (!mouseOverMenu && !mouseOverInteractionMenu && mouseOverInventory)

Does it then work for you?
  • Yes, this fixed the problem. Thank you so much! I'm assuming this was a bug?
  • Yes.  The change will made officially in v1.55b.