Forum rules - please read before posting.

Anyone want to make a few bucks helping me with my last AC hurdle?

Hello everybody,

Whilst my game is far from complete, I've got all the functionality working the way I want it in order to be able to complete it - apart from one thing.

I've been wrecking my brain trying to get this working for weeks and I'm just seemingly too stupid to get it working, and that's a modification of the standard inventory in AC.

I have an inventory menu that I've essentially made to be a 8x8grid.

I've set game controls to direct, and I access the inventory on key input.

When
the inventory displays I can only navigate it in the left <>
right direction but I want the player to be able to access the second
row of inventory items simply by clicking the down arrow, and back up a row with the up arrow etc.

It
doesn't seem to make a difference if I set the element orientation to
vertical vs horizontal save for the fact that if I set it to vertical,
only left and right keys do anything, but with horizontal, up works as
right and down as left as well.

I've followed the tutorial that's available on making a Unity UI menu and tying it to AC, but I just can't seem to get it working.

If anyone would be kind enough to give me a hand in getting it working, I'd be more than happy to pay a "consultancy fee" or whatever you want to call it.

Cheers!

Comments

• This can be ignored - finally figured it out
  • Cool, but if you use UGUI I advice make sure to set the navigation to explicit to all the slots at the edges. That way you can set up right edge slots to select the leftmost slots (when pressing right),and vice eversa, same for up and down edges. Most players will appreciate it if they have that kind of shortcut in an inventory or other list of UI elements.
  • That is an excellent suggestion - hadn't thought about it but have put that in place now - thanks!