Forum rules - please read before posting.

Matte Shadow in 2.5D tutorial

I've been unable to get the Matte Shadow material that comes with the 2.5D tutorial to work, nor the alternative that's suggested in the note on the video - the whole surface remains opaque. 

Just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue - I've managed to get it to work in a previous experiment, but I'm wondering if this is something they've changed with Unity itself lately.

Comments

• I expect it'll be down to Unity being quite a bit different by this point.  Searching the Unity forums or Asset Store would probably be the best bet for finding an alternative.
  • Ah well, thought that might be the case. Better revamp my plans a bit!

Merci beaucoup!
  • Just in case anyone's curious, or goes digging around for answers on this topic, I've found one that seems to work at the moment - mostly. It's giving me the right kind of shadows on a transparent object for the most part, though there's a little weirdness on sides where there shouldn't be any shadow at all. It's the most success I've had with matte shadows so far, though!

• You got hand it to Keijiro. You'll always find awesome stuff in his github repositories.
  • Absolutly amazing. Exactly what I have been locking for these past days.