Forum rules - please read before posting.

By Degrees

edited December 2016 in Games showcase
Hello Adventure Creators!

I'm Chris, and it's my first time posting here but I've been browsing the forum on and off for a couple of years. It's been really inspiring to see so many ideas take shape with this great tool, and now I'm hoping to join your esteemed ranks with a small contribution!

Below is a short video of a proof-of-concept scene I've been working on for the past few months. Most of that time has been spent on art and animation tasks - getting it all setup and playable in AC however came together pretty quickly once I had my assets complete. 

The game itself is called By Degrees, and you play as Acastus, one of the sons of Codrus, the last King of Athens, during the Late Bronze Age collapse circa 1070BC. Acastus travels to Delphi seeking counsel from the Oracle as to how the devastating war between Athens and the invading Heraclide may be won. Her cryptic prophecy however is as auspicious as it is sinister, and Acastus finds himself defying the will of the gods to spin new threads of fate for his home, himself and for Hellas itself. 

The plan now is to move onto the game-proper, and start working the plot into scenes and puzzles, without putting too much emphasis on artwork for the time being. As fate would have it, I'm due to start a large freelance job which is going to tie me up for six months so I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to get on the project. But I'll be back to it with full gusto at some point next year! I tend to post little snippets of what I'm up to on Twitter or this Tumblr Devlog so you can keep up there if you fancy!

Thanks for reading!