Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't auto-read save slot?

I'm trying to create a system where my game has one save that auto-saves through an actionlist when the game is quit. When the game is opened, it's supposed to read this save and load it. However, I instead either get no loading, or when I play with the settings to fix this, get a frozen game. I also get this line in the console:
No SavesList element referenced when trying to find slot slot 1
For some reason, I can't get the game to load this save despite it literally being named "GAMENAME_1." Even more, I can't enter the specific name, since it only accepts single slot numbers. What's going on?

Comments

• I also get this error below the previously mentioned statement:
    ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[AC.SaveFile].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633)
    AC.SaveSystem.LoadGame (Int32 elementSlot, Int32 saveID, Boolean useSaveID) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:542)
    AC.ActionSaveHandle.Run () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionSaveHandle.cs:152)
  • Okay, so I think I figured it out, but I'm not sure how. I kept reading tons of threads and tutorials and managed to solve this problem with the whole save slot parameter thing. Thing is, why is this step necessary when there's already settings for save slots in actionlists? Doesn't this make them useless or what exactly am I not fully getting?
  • edited December 2016
    This may be because you're calling this Action before the save system has initialised.  At what point are you calling it?  Temporarily remove this call and run it manually during normal gameplay instead - does it then work?

So far as the "specific name" goes - AC keeps it's own track of filenames based on the Save game settings in the Settings Manager.  Screenshots of your save/load Actions will be necessary to see.