Forum rules - please read before posting.

Feature Request: Simplify taking objects

Hi,

oftentimes in adventures a character collects objects. Currently I need 3 actions: Inventory:Add, Object:SendMessage->Hotspot, Object:Teleport/Visibility->Object.

My proposal is to add a single action that combines these: Inventory:Collect which adds the item to the inventory and disables hotspot and hides object

Cheers, Robert

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Hello Robert,

for the time being you could use an ActionListAsset with a parameter to at least get this into one single Engine: Run ActionList call (and maybe also save some time and structure). If you need more explanation on this i'd be willing to assist you. ;)

Sincerly,
    Julian
  • edited August 2014
    Hello again Robert,

ok, after some hours of research i took your idea and put together a custom action, as i think it's a good idea. I give no guarantees as i am not that firm with custom actions yet, though, in my few tests i did everything works as expected so far.
    You set the visible object, if the hotspot is not the same as the visible object (automatically detected) you can set the hotspot object and set the linked inventory item and amount if desired. And then it does the magic. :)

I first intended to paste it via link for all, but now im not sure if i am allowed to. Robert could you maybe send me your email adress via PM? ;)

ChrisIceBox: For the custom action i took some passages from the included actions and adjusted them to fit in together. May i post it here?

Sincerly,
    Julian
  • @Julian: PM me first, please.  Should be fine, but thanks for checking with me first.
  • Hi Julian, Chris,

it's so great to see you picked up on the topic! Is there any outcome yet?

Cheers, Robert
  • Did this action make it into the distribution yet or is it available somewhere?
  • ActionList parameters allow you to combine any number of Actions, for cases just like this.  Have a look at this tutorial for more about them.