Forum rules - please read before posting.

Xbox controller, right stick "speed"

Hi, guys.  I tried to find an answer to this so if this has been asked and answered before, I apologize.

I set up my xbox controller with FPS controls and everything works.  Left stick controls player movement and right stick works like the mouse does to change turning and pitch.

However, I've not been able to find how to have the turning or the pitch be slower.  I messed with sensitivity on each axis, which seems only to impact how far the stick needs to be pushed before it registers that it's being pushed.  I messed with turn speed and with cursor speed.

In none of these cases, so far as I can tell, is the turn speed/pitch change speed of the right stick impacted.

Does anybody know what I'm missing?

Thanks!
Paul

Comments

• edited January 2017
    When you say you messed with sensitivity, are you referring to the sensitvity of the axes in Unity's Input manager, or the "Sensitivity" option on the First Person Camera component?  The latter should be directly tied to the speed of free-aiming.
  • I did mean the former.  I'm not sure whether or not I found my way to the sensitivity option on the first person camera component.  I will try that - thanks so much!
  • That worked perfectly - thanks so much!