Forum rules - please read before posting.

The Reach

edited February 2017 in Games showcase
Hello everyone,

I'm finally ( after a few failed attempts, or trying to create a game with a story so large, that I got overwhelmed) finishing a small adventure, called "The Reach".

It features :

First Person movement, playing an astronaut in zero gravity environment.

I used the examples combining UFPS and AC, modded them to suit my needs, so that the player can move in "zero" gravity, being able to hover (normal and boost speed), pick up and throw objects that hover on their own (with custom random rotation script).
The player has health, modded to really be hunger. The time passes, the health decreases and the player must eat.

Sci-fi story based upon contemporary technology with a few futuristic feel.

The story takes place (mainly) inside the space station, where the player interacts with ELLE, the space station AI.

Comments

• Looks nice from the images! The whole zero gravity thing sounds like it would be fun to play with from a development angle- no idea how you would do that!
  • edited February 2017
    Thanks Pistola.

I'll soon post a video for you to check the gameplay. It had some weird moments (like the player "trying" to rotate itself to get to the "floor") but now it's working nicely :)

EDIT: The gameplay video :) (just showing the hovering movement)

• Looking realy good so far! Yes,the zero gravity is quite interesting to explore