Forum rules - please read before posting.

Walking sound keeps playing if holding walk button even if character stands idle at wall collider

edited February 2017 in Technical Q&A
Hi again everyone,

So I have my main character set up to "Slow movement near wall colliders" which effectively means the character stops moving when he hits a wall, and the walking animation stops as well as intended, however the walking sound will keep playing if you're holding the movement key.

I've been testing various settings for hours without luck trying to get this resolved.

Game is set to 2d, and input control is direct, animation takes place with sprites unity complex (so mecanim). Walking sounds are being called from an SFX Sound Child.

When the character hits a wall collider, he does go into idle animation, so I thought a clever way of solving this would have been to just mute the sound object on idle animation, but that doesn't seem to be working.

---------------------

EDIT: As per usual, as soon as I post for help, the solution stumbles into my lap.

I moved the sound child object in the hirarchy to sit under the the main character sprite child instead of the parent object, then the animation cue to mute on idle animation works.