Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hover over menu element to reveal other elements?

I know this has similarly been asked before, but the last results were a few years back and I am curious if functionality has been achieved since then and I missed it.

Essentially I'd like to have an interaction menu appear when you click on a hotspot. It would have a mouth, eyes, and hand.

The thing is, I'd like if you hovered over mouth for two menu elements with Ask and Talk to appear for you to click on either. Same if you hovered over hand for pick up and use to appear.

Is such a thing possible with AC? Thanks as always for all the help; you all really are the best!

Comments

• Going off this, I'm able to make a UI canvas menu that uses Pointer enter + event trigger to enable a button, but when I do this the linking of said button to the menu element seems to stop working. If i have the button ready to go (that is to say, no reveal through hover) then it works.

Is there a better way to do this than this method? I will keep exploring it as I have been, but I'm getting a little stuck with the button functionality not working.
  • edited April 2017
    ummm, then instead of disabling it, try hiding it through a canvas group and then make the button non interactable. Other route you could take is to make the mouth clickable, that way if the player clicks the mouth you can just use Menu:ChangeState to hide or show the desired menu elements. I do think, though, that having an OnMouseEnterElement and OnMouseExitElement acionlists (and scripting events) would be the coolest in this case, but in the meantime it's better to try to fake the effect. Truly it's usually about faking the effect you want, lol.
  • Hi Alverik,

That's what I'm ending up doing! Hiding the element and button, I mean! It seems to be working well enough; i will put up an explanation when i have it a bit more hammered out. Right now it's just the "disappear when not hovering over" part I am tweaking, but it's exciting to think that I'll be able to get it working in one method or another. Thanks again for the help!