Forum rules - please read before posting.

Edit Mecanim for Player

edited August 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hello,

How would i go about editing the Mecanim script for the player to allow for crouch idle, crouch to sneak, then on key press crouch to normal idle.

As of now i have a working controller for standing idle with walking and running transitions, but id like to be able to go from standing idle to a crouch then be able to sneak until i press the crouch key again.

I assume this would be done with a bool, but i cant get it to work because i cant make controls for any new bools on the players script. I would also need the players collider height to be 1/2 smaller obviously so that the players collider would be relative to the players height at the time of sneaking.

Comments

• It should be possible to do this in a separate script that sits alongside the player script.  The idea behind AC's mecanim integration is that - unlike the Legacy implementation - it leaves most of the control up to the user.

AC will output the player's move speed as a float, for you to use in your FSM, but you can use that in combination with "crouch bools" etc to customise your movement.  Essentially, you'd want a separate script that controls a bool parameter in the same FSM (for better integration, you'd do a check for the StateHandler script's gameState value - you want it to be Gameplay).  Hopefully, it can all be done alongside AC - without needing to edit AC itself.