Forum rules - please read before posting.

Closing a menu graphic with a click anywhere in the screen

I've set up a menu graphic to open upon clicking a hotspot in the scene.
I want the player to be able to close this menu by clicking anywhere in the screen. I've set up the following action list, and it works great - but it does so just for the first time...
If the player clicks the same hotspot again, the menu opens for a split second and instantly closes.
Is 'Input:Check' a single use feature per action list?
What other way can I achieve the desired effect?
Thanks!

Comments

• Maybe try putting a Wait action before the input check action? Maybe the action is actually picking up your initial click faster once the action has been performed once?
  • Whenever you want to check for input, you should rely on Active Inputs (section 2.14 of the Manual) instead of a looping Input: Check Action.  You'll have to use a Menu: Check state Action in the active input's ActionList to determine if the Poster Menu is on.

However, another way to do this is to create another Menu that has an invisible Button element that spans the whole screen.
  • Hi All,

I was using the technique above to have an invisible button across the whole screen to click to close, but it is causing my hover click sound for inventory items to keep pulsing when hovering instead of just playing once.

Has anyone experienced something like that?

If I turn the invisible button menu off, then the sound just plays once for each hover click as expected.

• @OddHouseGames I was trying to achieve this same thing with my inventory. Fortunately I'm not using any sounds for inventory items (at this time) so it works perfectly. Thank you.
    If I do ever want to use sounds though, did you ever find a work around?