Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu button 'hotspot label'

I have a menu with several buttons. I do not want a text to appear inside the buttons, however I do want that when the players hovers the mouse over them a hotspot-like label will appear.
I thought that's what the field 'hotspot label override' is for. However filling it with wanted text isn't working.
Am I missing something? Is this even possible to achieve?

Thanks!

Comments

• That is indeed what it's for.  Make sure that your Hotspot menu remains at the bottom of the Menu Manager stack, however, as that determines the drawing / processional order.  Are you using the default Hotspot menu?

Also, temporarily assign a Background texture to the Hotspot menu, so you can tell if its turning on with an invisible label, or not at all.
  • This feature still gives me trouble.
    I have it set up yet when I hover the button the text does not appear. (though if I set a 'highlight texture' that DOES appear when I hover the button but the label override does NOT...).
    Any ideas?
  • edited February 2018
    Again, please let me know if you're using the default Hotspot menu, and the result of assigning a Background texture to it.

Which AC version are you now using?

Is the game paused when the menu is open, and have its properties changes since you last posted?  If so, please re-post them.

Since your override label seems to show special characters in the image above, temporarily try roman alphabet to see if that is the cause.  Also try setting an override label to another default menu, e.g. the "ResumeButton" in the Pause menu - that way we can both test the same conditions.
  • - Not sure what you mean by 'default Hotspot menu', I use the 'create new menu' option in the 'menu' tab of AC game editor.

- version is 1.61.2 (which, btw, still has the 3sec limit for camera/sprite fade, is that planned to be changed in the next update?)

You can see all details in pic. When I add an override label to the resume btn it DOES work, though I can't tell what I'm doing different in all the menus I create in which this function does NOT work.

Thanks!

• Make sure that this menu is listed above your Hotspot menu in the Menu Manager.  The order that they are listed in determines their processing order, which means the Hotspot is able to "react" to the cursor being over the LetterBurton menu.

version is 1.61.2 (which, btw, still has the 3sec limit for camera/sprite fade, is that planned to be changed in the next update?)

That version was released before you requested the change.  It will be included in the next one.