Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot Interactions Auto-Triggering (without click)

Hi,

First things first, I'm on Adventure creator version 1.57a and Unity version 5.6.1.

I've been working on the UI for our game using Adventure Creator's menu system and it's been going great. However, I've hit a bit of a snag that is proving problematic to fix so thought I'd post to see if anyone had any bright ideas, apologies in advance if it's a rookie mistake.

When highlighted, my hotspot interactions periodically trigger themselves without any mouse click. I've captured a video to illustrate the issue in a test scene (linked below):

In the above video the mouse is never clicked yet the interaction periodically triggers on it's own when the hotspot is highlighted/the mouse moves over it.

I'm using the following settings:
Interaction Method       - 'Choose Hotspot then Interaction'
Select Interactions by   - 'Cycling Menu then Clicking Hotspot'
See Interactions with    - 'Cursor over Hotspot'

I've included full screenshots of the AC Game Editior settings from the inspector at the foot of the post.

Interestingly this auto-triggering doesn't occur if I change 'Select Interactions by' to ''Cycling Cursor the Clicking Hotspot' however I'm very keen to keep the current set-up (minus the auto-triggering).

That's it, thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers,
Alex

imageimage

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Thanks for the report.  I'll attempt to recreate it with the details you've provided, and will let you know if I need any more.

EDIT: Bug recreated.  Will work on a fix for the next release.
  • Brilliant, 

Thanks for that Chris :)

Cheers,
    Alex