Forum rules - please read before posting.

Multiple node sockets for custom actions?

edited July 2017 in Technical Q&A
Hello,

I'm trying to make a custom action that has multiple node sockets.  (Specifically, I'm trying to have three node sockets, and hook each socket up to these Truth/Doubt/Lie ui buttons.)
I've figured out that it involves the variable numSocket, but simply setting numSocket = 3 in the ShowGUI  function didn't seem to do anything.

Is there something I'm missing here?  I couldn't find any guides anywhere on how to make multi-socketed actions.

(EDIT:  I can't just modify the conversation UI into this because I'm also using the conversation UI elsewhere.  Is it possible to treat this like a conversation but call this up as the UI instead of the normal conversation UI?)

Comments

• Whoops, just got it!  Can't make my custom action inherit from "Action":  It has to inherit from ActionCheckMultiple.  As in, 

public class ActionTDL : ActionCheckMultiple
        {

Hope future googlers find this helpful.  :)
  • In answer to the Conversation UI question, you can swap out your Conversation menu temporarily by using the Menu: Change state Action.

With this, you can lock your regular Conversation UI, and unlock a temporary one.  When a Menu is locked, it will not display even if it's "Appear type" condition is met.