Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adding a default action in the middle of different dialogues

edited August 2014 in Technical Q&A
I want to change a menu during a dialogue and then continue the dialogue.

This action needs to be used for different dialogues. So I've created a specific cutscene, let's call id "update menu".

So I do the following:
- Dialogue lines
- Inventory add item
- Engine Run Action List (run in parallel) -> Action List: Cutscene "update menu". (BTW i can't add Action List here, only cutscenes)
- Other dialogue.

If I use Engine Run Action List (run in parallel): -> use a cutscene that interacts with the menu it doesn't start.

But it works if I use anothe kind of action list (that I repeat is a cutscene)
So if I use Engine Run Action List (run in parallel) -> camera fade out -> it works.

Am I doing something wrong?
Or can I implement this in another way?

I need to call a default action (or cutscene) in the middle of different dialogues.

Comments

• edited August 2014
    I'm not clear on what it is you're trying to do.  "Change a menu" and "Interact with the menu it doesn't start" isn't enough for me to help.  Screenshots of the setup that works, and that which doesn't, would be much appreciated.
  • Here one action list.

If I call this during cutscene a dialogue Action 2 won't work.

The other action, ex. the dialogues, are working, but the menu element won't be shown.

• edited August 2014
    Ok. I found a solution.

It could be the menu.

If I set the menu position as aligned seems it doesn't update.
    When I set something visible it doesn't read the command.

If I change the menu position from aligned to manual the command are working again.