Forum rules - please read before posting.

Setting object attributes in scene's start event

I have a game that need to hide some objects if the player is playing in the easy mode of the game. I have an action list that gets called on the scene start, there is only one scene in the game, and in this action list I am changing the layer from default to a layer that is not visible by any cameras. When I step through the code I can see the layer getting changed in the code but when the scene is displayed, the objects layer has been set back to the default layer. It's almost as if the objects in the scene are re-loaded between the changing of the attributes in the action list and the running of the scene. I think I'm missing something basic but I can't put my finger on it. Should I be setting these attributes somewhere else?

Thanks,

Steve

Comments

• What are you changing the layers of, exactly?

AC will automatically handle the layer display of Hotspots and NavMeshes according to the layer names defined in the Settings Manager.  If you try to change them manually, then you'll run into problems.

If you want to disable a Hotspot, you can use the Hotspot: Enable or disable Action - otherwise, you can simply teleport it out of the camera view.  An easy way to do this for many objects is to parent them all to a common GameObject, and then simply move that off-screen using Object: Teleport.