Forum rules - please read before posting.

GameCamera script : Not following player vertically in Y - axis

I have a scene with a large corridor (side scroller) with a few stairs. 
The camera has a "Game Camera " script with an X-axis movement affected by Side-scrolling. 
But I need the camera to also  follow the player downwards a bit when he goes down the stair. Instead of that, the player sinks down the screen, as he should, but the camera keeps following horizontally. 
And I tried every configuration available on the Y-Axis movement but none of them generates any movement on the camera. 
Is there something obvious I'm not seeing? 

Thanks! 

Comments

• The Y-axis movement options are currently ignored if the X-axis movement is set to SideScrolling.  I will see if this limitation can be removed, but otherwise setting the X-axis movement to another option will get it to work.
  • Yeay! That was it. This combination I did not try. It would be useful if a small sign appears like in other cases does. If we activate Y-axis movement and have side-scrolling activated. Because I had no way to know that limitation. 

Thank you Chris.
  • Actually, this turned out to be a bug rather than a limitation.  It'll be fixed in the next update.