Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory item label on selected item

edited August 2014 in Technical Q&A
I'm focusing on making a mobile game and I'm trying to make it so a label with the item's name will pop-up when the player touches/selects an item. The label will disappear when player touches the item again or uses the item. What would be the best way to achieve this?

Comments

• Do you have the default Hotspot menu?  That should show the label of the Inventory item - you can re-position it to suit.
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Chris, thanks for the response. It seems the label you're talking about only appears if you hold touch on the item(not very useful for a mobile game). I need a label that shows when the item is active.
  • Anyone have an idea on how to accomplish this?
  • I'm not done yet!

Know that you can use the Menu Manager to display an InventoryBox that only shows the currently-selected item.  Create a new InventoryBox element, and set the Inventory box type field to Display Selected, and Display to Text Only.  This will display a label of the currently selected item.  It won't be the same label element as your regular Hotspot one, but if that's not an issue, then this should solve it.

• That worked perfect. I didn't realize it was that simple. Thanks for the help Chris!