Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hiding player

Hi,

What is the best way to hide player or to stop player from spawning. For example in Title menu or cinematic only scene?

Thanks

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @hellwalker.

If you're relying on a player prefab (i.e. letting the Settings Manager spawn one each scene), you can just position the scene's Default PlayerStart behind the camera.  You can't prevent the player from spawning, but it can be hidden from view this way.

If the scene is interactive with e.g. menus that you don't want to pause the game, you'll probably want to temporarily disable the movement and interaction systems.  This can be done with the Engine: Manage systems Action - once when the scene begins to disable them, and again when the scene is finished to re-enable them.
  • edited October 2017
    Thank you!

I ran into a bit of different problem, but to spare opening new thread.

Is there a limit to shape of polygon navigation ? If I create basic rectangularish form with it navigation works. If I have something like a P shaped area (Docks with pier) character completely ignores the navigation and walks all over the scene, even beyond the bounds of polygon collider and ignores all the holes.

Also one strange issue, only in one scene all the interaction icons (mouse cursor) are much smaller than other scenes :D is there a setting that overrides this per scene ?
  • Please always open new threads for unrelated issues - it makes it easier for other users with similar questions to find.

There is no shape limit to NavMeshes - could you post a screenshot to show what you have?  Include the player's start position and behaviour.  Also try dropping in the 2D Demo's player prefab, Brain2D, to see if he also behaves this way.

Re: icons - no, nothing to override it per-scene.  You'll have to share some more details about it.
  • Hey, sure I'll open new thread next time. I figured out icons, but on pathfinding I think what happens is that character is climbing the holes. Holes seem to be expanding the main navigation mesh not subtracting. I may be missing something obvious. I have recorded a video and shared with you in PM.