Forum rules - please read before posting.

Global Variable Selective Loading Problem

When my game begins, I run a selective load of the Autosave game.  When I only choose "Load variables", the variables do not load.  Instead, I have to select the following:

If I uncheck some of the selective options, I get different errors.  For example, if I leave off "Load scene changes?", then I get an infinite set of errors saying "Parameter '' does not exist".

Stack trace:

Parameter '' does not exist.
UnityEngine.Animator:SetFloat(String, Single)
AC.AnimEngine_Mecanim:PlayIdle() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Animation/AnimEngine_Mecanim.cs:739)
AC.Char:AnimUpdate() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Char.cs:833)
AC.Char:_Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Char.cs:501)
AC.Player:_Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Player.cs:176)
AC.StateHandler:Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:413)

I'm using 1.59f (which may still say 1.59e on the Scene tab.  I re-updated today but the Scene tab still shows "e" instead of "f").

Not a big deal and I can work around it.  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Thanks for the report, I'll look into it.  At what point exactly are you calling this Action?

Be aware that if you want certain variables to be stored indepently of save games, and have them load automatically when the game begins, you can link them to Options Data in the Variables Manager.

The e/f mismatch is because f was a 2017-only release.  It's rare that a Unity-version specific release occurs, but the only change between e and f was a 2017-related bug.
  • I call the Load Game action in the OnStart cutscene in my first (bootstrap) scene.

I'll look into your suggestion about linking the variables to the Options Data.  I didn't realize what that selection did, and it's what I'm looking for.  When I get that to work, I won't need the Load Game action anymore.

Thanks Chris.

• Yep, that worked (Options Data).  Thanks for the good suggestion.
  • FWIW, v1.60 also fixes the original issue.