Forum rules - please read before posting.

Low and Very Low quality settings affecting Navigation...

I've built features into a 3D game's settings menu to allow the player to change the resolution, quality and windowed options. On testing with a compiled build, I found that when the settings are turned down to "Very Low" and "Low", the player character's turning circle becomes enormous (and slow), and the speed of the walk has slowed down a little. However, once the graphics are bumped back up to "medium", normal navigation resumes.

Which feature of the different levels of quality is most likely to be causing this? If possible, I might just see about keeping it included at the lower levels in order to ensure playability.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Can't think off the top of my head.  What's your scene's pathfinding method?

You can switch quality setting in the Editor at runtime, too, via the Edit -> Project settings -> Quality menu.  The features of each quality are shown beneath, so it's probably going to be a case of changing each of those manually to see what happens.  As these are Unity controls, I'm not sure how possible it will be to prevent it from affecting AC, but you should at least then be able to modify the lower quality settings to not change that particular feature.