Forum rules - please read before posting.

Most of my characters remain in T pose instead of animating

edited August 2014 in Technical Q&A
I got 2 people walking around well, but the others I am trying they all float in their T pose, is there something that must be special about a model to make it work? Im using legacy, some characters from poser work, the ones from daz dont. 

Comments

• edited August 2014
    It not easy to say what your issue is but I'll list the required basic elements of 3D character anims and how they work properly - if your Daz models arent working but Poser ones are then double check how you export from Daz carefully:

SKIN: Mesh Character Model
    SKELETON: Bone/Joint 

The SKIN must be bound to the SKELETON and for finesse this binding should have influence weights painted. These must be exported in a form Unity is happy with and - make sure you export both mesh and joint structure.

The joints need to be correctly referenced in order for any animations to be applied (usually the joints need the same names as well). That is if you want animations to work from one character to another then they need basically the same skeletal structure.

There's more to it than just this but these are your basic minimums.

On the Unity/AC side you need to apply an ANIMATOR script to the character but this is explained in the AC tutorials here for Legacy: http://www.iceboxstudios.co.uk/adventure-creator/tutorials/making-legacy-based-character
  • If you got 2 working and the other isnt, while using legacy, this could be because the model is tagged as Humanoid/Generic instead of Legacy. Also, make sure the animations are made for that model as they arent retargetable. from my understanding unless you use mecanim which allows retargeting animations to other models
  • edited September 2014
    thanks for the tips guys.