Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to trigger an animation on a sprite from Actionlist

I have an actionlist which is triggered after 'using' a hotspot.  It had conversation trees in it etc, and at one point in the ActionList I want to trigger an animation of a door opening (2d game) which is one of 2 animations on an animation controller on a game object with a sprite in it.  I tried Object: Animate, but it wont let me add anything from the hierarchy to the 'Object' field so I think I am looking at this wrong.

Using latest AC build.

This is the 'object' (sprite of a door) I want to trigger an animation in.

This is the step in my ActionList I want the animation to be triggered.

Comments

• You need to set the correct "Animation engine" field, which in your case is "Mecanim".  Mecanim is the name that Unity were promoting their new "Animator component" system with when it was released.  Legacy refers to the older "Animation component" system.

Set to Mecanim you'll then be able to assign the Animator gameobject and amend it as necessary.
  • Thanks Chris, sorted it with the 'Mechanim'

I had originally tried changing the animation methods but could not see anywhere to select which object to affect. But I now realise this way has to trigger a parameter within an animation controller or plus a custom animation that needs calling by name.  I chose the custom animation method which worked a treat.

Thanks