Forum rules - please read before posting.

First Person Movement only working on key up

So I set up my character with the character wizard and my input mode to first person. Then upon testing, while holding down the W button, the character animates the walk animation but doesn't move, it only moves about 1 meter after lifting your button press. Please help. Thanks.

Comments

• edited December 2017
    You will need to provide much more detail - there's not much here to go on.

What is your Input method, and have you modified the vertical input axes in Unity's Input Manager?

In cases like this it's often best to use process-by-elimination to locate the source.  The 3D Demo character, Tin Pot, is built to work in First Person as well.  Try dropping him into the scene instead and see if he works as intended.  If he does, then there'll be an issue with your own player - so let's see some images of his Inspector.

Otherwise, it could be an issue with your Managers - in which case, try loading the 3D Demo game (Managers + scene file) but place your own player in the scene before running.  If you can't move, it could be an issue with your Managers - otherwise, it could be your scene.  Either way, let us know the results and we'll be able to know where to look further.