Forum rules - please read before posting.

Temporarily Hide Arrow Prompts

Is there a way to temporarily hide all arrow prompts? I have a map that I had to make a bit realistic so I attached it to the main camera whenever the user presses it in the inventory, the case is that my navigation relies on arrow prompts and when the map is active, the arrow prompts can still be clicked.

I want to hide all arrow prompts whenever my map is on the screen, thanks!

Comments

• I also want to be able to show them whenever I hide the map again, thank you!
  • Arrow prompts can be turned off by invoking their "TurnOff" method using the Object: Send message Action.
  • My question was kind of silly as it does get answered with your answer correctly, I can't put it to the right words. XD I'll just find a way myself. Thanks though.
  • Sorry, not sure I follow - does it not work when you try it?
  • It works, but I was just getting too lazy to specifically remove the arrow prompt possibly open there, because it would mean adding the action to all scenes available (the game includes 20 scenes) which would mean a very big branch for an action list.

I just want the arrow prompts to hide and unhide whenever the map in the inventory was clicked. The map is not a menu and is a physical map in the game which hides and unhides whenever the inventory item is clicked.
  • You can make a "generic" call to turn off the currently-active ArrowPrompt without referring to it specifically through code:

if (AC.KickStarter.playerInput.activeArrows != null)
    {
      AC.KickStarter.playerInput.activeArrows.TurnOff ();
    }

• oh, nice! This was what I was looking for, thanks! Also, happy new year Chris! :)
  • Hello, this is an old thread but can I ask how I can reenable the previously turned off arrow prompt? Or generically toggle them on and off? activearrows.turnoff and turnon after a while doesn't seem to work. Thanks
  • You'll need to record the active ArrowPrompt in a custom script if you want to store a reference to the last-used one.

TurnOn and TurnOff are indeed the methods to call.  If you're having trouble using them, you'll need to post the code you're using.