Forum rules - please read before posting.

Complex Ragdoll with Moveable_Pick Up Script

edited September 2014 in Technical Q&A
Love the new PickUp move feature!
This is probably a no-brainer for a lot of you but it took me a long time yesterday how to implement the new Moveable_Pick Up feature with a ragdoll (it has 12 upper appendages & four legs...kept bone count to 4 max per one bone "intersection".) Added a rigidbody and put the Moveable_Pick Up script on the ragdoll prefab then added a 'Character Joint and connected it to the root bone. First pic is during play paused on scene side..The other shows hierarchy in Moveables folder...Armature is the root bone.
Not sure this is the right way...but it's working for me so far.

Comments

• I'm glad this wasn't a question, because I'd have no idea!  PickUps weren't intended for full-blown ragdolls: just static objects like chairs or whatever.

Generally, however, I would advise to use the PickUp prefab wherever possible, and add everything else to it as a child object.  The Sphere Collider in the prefab can be removed if not appropriate, as the PickUp should detect child Colliders too.
  • lol I'll play around with the PickUp prefab some more.