Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with "Exporting all translation"

Hello,
I am using Unity v 5.6.2f1 and AC v1.51.
I am having a problem in exporting all translation. All dialogue in all scenes has been separated using | however, when I open the csv file in libroffice and set the Separator Option to Other | it create columns. the issue is, for some conversation, they appear in one column (in each cell I have the same dialogue line repeated 3 times (For the languages I have) with | between them. I have a screenshot that can be sent if needed.

I've tried to re-implement those conversation but the issue remains (same scenes, same dialogue lines).
Updating AC might not be a good option for me at this time, I've tried it before and caused an issue in navigation in one of the most complicated scenes.

any suggestions?

Comments

• edited January 2018
    You should always update to the latest AC when faced with an issue like this - even if you do it in a separate duplicate project just for testing this particular issue, it's important to know if it's occuring with the latest release.  Please make a backup or duplicate it, and try it with v1.60.7.

If there is a separate issue brought on by upgrading, then please report it so that it can be fixed.  The "Upgrade notes" sections of the Changelog also need to be gone over for each release.

Please share screenshots that show all of the problem - the Actions involved, their entries in the Speech Manager, and the output in the spreadsheet.  I'm not clear on exactly what's occuring - is this something that only occurs when exporting all translations, and not when just exporting one?
  • Hey there Chris

I am aware of the importance of update and issue reporting. However, It is not my call to make.
    The issue I faced after updating was, iirc, in one of the scenes. The character will not move when clicking anywhere on the scene (As he is supposed to walk to where I clicked) but clicking on hotspot will make him go to where its marker is and initiate the interaction normally.  I was asked to use the older version of AC when faced with that issue.

Right now the project is about to be delivered. Any update will delay us. I can for the sake of testing, upgrade AC and check if the issue is still in new version or not. we are using version control.

As for the screenshot, I can DM it to you?
    and yes it happens when exporting all translations (I have 3, the original, English and Arabic). It happens in certain scenes (3 scenes). Resetting Text and regathering it will not solve it. the same issue will occur within the same scenes. 

• After the update, the problem of navigation is gone but the issue in all translation exporting is still happening. 
  • The issue was: in the csv file, some lines were displayed in one cell instead of being properly separated into different cells in rows and columns. 

There were two causes:
    The first cause was the "hidden" carriage returns at the end of some sentences. After removing the hidden characters the issue was fixed. This was pointed out by Chris (Thank you).

The second cause was with text that had ". In Liberoffice and OpenOffice , after removing " as Text delimiter in the import settings the issue was fixed.