Forum rules - please read before posting.

Strange Scene + Game View Behaviour

I've encountered a strange problem in Editor in my 3D game related to switching cameras. I have a trigger, with OnEnter Actions to switch camera, then teleport my player character in front of a door, then rotate the same camera so it is looking at my player, then switch camera, then switch back again to the same camera as before. When switching back to this last Action (in bold), the player character is not visible.

This only happens though, if I do not have the Scene view visible, so you can only see Game view. If I have a Scene tab visible, the problem does not occur. So strange. I should point out that upon first loading Unity, I get this:

Error loading launcher://unity/C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Roaming/Unity/Packages/node_modules/unity-editor-home/dist/index.html?code=IB-csyja4dZGgj2Jb5kPEg01af&locale=en&session_state=1921063aa6700fd66fe4cc5d5df78eb93bbdfc989acdaa36cdbeaae029c60a3a.2l61w6_rYY2DIEqr0TRAwA006f

So it's quite possible that it's not AC related. 
This is using Unity 2017.1.0p4
Adventure Creator 1.60.1

Comments

• I've encountered a similar issue myself before now, and indeed I think it's to do with Unity.

If a model's bounding region is outside the camera view, then Unity won't render it unless "Update when offscreen" is checked.  Otherwise, you'll need to make sure the model's Bounds are correctly sized in the Skinned Mesh Renderer.

Are you using a regular AC MainCamera + GameCameras?
  • Yes, the usual AC MainCamera + GameCamera ("Simple Camera"), This camera has a Moveable script on it. Since this problem only occurs when Scene view is not present, I'm hoping it's only an editor bug. I'll try a build version soon and see how that goes.
  • UPDATE: Still not tested in a build, but I think I've found the cause - it's in the Rigidbody. This bug only seems to occur if you have Interpolation on your character's Rigidbody, and use teleport and/or character: face object with body actions. If you use no interpolation it doesn't seem to happen - problem then being you could experience jittering on cloth meshes you have skinned on your character (if it simulated using LateUpdate). So, essentially, it's a Unity problem.
  • For what it's worth, when I've encountered the bug it's only been in the Editor.