Forum rules - please read before posting.

Save & Camera Cursor Influence Issue

Hi,

First things first I'm on AC version 1.60.2 and Unity 5.6.1

We're looking to use the Save ActionList node to autosave the game when the player does certain things or certain events are reached.

We also are using Cameras that have 'Cursor influence > follow cursor' checked, which produces a great subtle effect.

Unfortunately when these two things are combined we get a large camera pop when we save the game.

In the video below you can see a test scene with a trigger volume that saves the game (via ActionList) every time the player enters the volume.

https://vimeo.com/258105613/a296865b93

On the first half of the video cursor influence in ON, you can see the camera pop every time the player enters the volume and the game is saved. On the second half of the video everything is the same but the  cursor influence is turned OFF and there is no camera pop on saving.

It looks to me like the act of saving the game is causing the CursorInfluence blip (although the cursor icon itself seems fine and doesn't jump).

Anyway thought I'd flag this up to see if anyone had any bright ideas. 

Many Thanks,
Alex

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Is this in the Editor, builds, or both?  And on what platform?

Can't say off the top of my head, but I'll try to recreate it.  It would also be worth you testing it in a duplicate project that's updated to the latest AC, as v1.61.0 made a few performance improvements that may affect it.
  • edited March 2018
    Morning Chris,

That was in Editor, just tried it in a build (PC) and the issue was the same.

It looks like the cursor influence resets instantly on saving. It is most prominent when the cursor is at the extremes of the scene when you hit the trigger volume.

I don't know if it's useful but I've slowed down the video here:
    https://vimeo.com/258229095/4c55596413

It'd be good to know if you can replicate it. I'll try updating AC to the latest version in a duplicate project this afternoon.

Thanks very much for the help.
    Alex
  • edited March 2018
    I have - don't worry.  It is indeed reset, I'd forgotten but AC needs to "snap" the camera's orientation when saving so that it is restored correctly when loading.

I should be able to mask it, provided that the ActionList that does the saving is set to "Run In Background".  Look for a fix in the next update.
  • Ah great stuff.

Thanks for that Chris, much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Alex