Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera effects on AC menus?

Is there a way of getting camera effects to work on menus? I've built my entire game around menus and would like to add some slight visual flourish, but can only figure out how to get camera effects to work on non-menu things. 

Sorry if this is obvious to many people, but I'm very much a beginner. 

Comments

• It should be possible if your Menus are rendered using Unity UI.  This is a case of setting a Menu's Source field to Unity Ui Prefab and connecting it to a UI canvas prefab (see the Manual as well as this tutorial).

The steps to actually apply camera effects to a UI canvas are outside of AC, as it only deals with Unity itself.  Setting the Canvas's Render mode to Screen Space should allow for effects attached to your MainCamera to also affect your UI (see this thread).

To apply effects to a UI only, you'd likely have to go about making a separate camera to render the UI too - but again, that's a Unity workflow issue and not one specific to AC.
  • Ah, right. Yeah, that's what I suspected. I guess I just wondered if there was a way to do it without going through that process. Anyway, thanks for getting back to me.