Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scene Switch Loading Times

Getting some pretty huge loading times when I switch to certain scenes (in-game). If anyone ever played the PS1 port of Broken Sword, you'll know how long I mean, hehe.
I suppose this is more of a Unity thing than specifically AC, but even so, does anyone have any idea what could be the biggest culprit? The scene is really not that complex or big, so I don't get why it takes so long, and I have occlusion & LoDs set up. My other scenes are much quicker - they load almost instantly in fact.

Comments

• Unity / AC version numbers?

If you've been through the "Performance and optimisations" Manual chapter, the next step'll be the usual Unity performance practices - texture compression etc.  If only certain scenes seem big, I'd try backing up the project and then delete (not disable) different GameObjects in them to see which ones result in the delay.
  • Unity 2017.1.0p4
    AC 1.62.2

It seems to be Substance related. I can get the load times down by setting the Substance Load Behavior to Do nothing, or Bake & keep. However, with these settings, the scene often gets loaded before the Substance is rendered, and is just plain black.

With the default setting, Build on level load, they are rendered correctly, but alas, the loading time is increased quite substantially. I will try your deleting stuff idea, see if I can find the bad guy in the scene.