Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dialogue not playing in one scene only

Latest AC, Latest Unity.

For some reason, my dialogue is not playing in a scene. But plays in all others. I cannot think of what I have done to cause this? Is there a reason that would do this?

Sorry for lack of information, but I cannot think why?

Comments

• Further info: dialogue only plays from action lists, i.e., if i look at something in my inventory, but when clicking on hotspots etc or cutscene dialogue, it doesn't play. The subtitles appear but no vo? All other scenes are fine
  • How are your voice files linked to entries in the Speech Manager?  Automatically by naming convention, or by manually assigning audio fields?  Any messages in the Console?
  • They are linked like all my other files, automatically by naming convention, as I say, all other scenes play the dialogue fine. No messages in the console... I wonder if it is to do with my recent use of music and ambience storage somehow? But again, I am using the music storage in other scenes where the dialogue plays correctly.

The console is saying Audio File 'Resources/Speech//1412' not food. But the player mp3 is definitely in the correct folder where all the other player mp3 files are. Could the scene have lost the folder? And if so, how do i show it to the scene again?

Dialogue not playing for Player or NPC's in scene.

Thanks

James
  • 'Resources/Speech//1412' is an incorrect filepath, since the character's name is missing from it - the double-slash indicates a name should be in between.

What's the correct syntax of other audio files?  It should be more like 'Resources/Speech/CharacterName/CharacterName1412'

Who's speaking these lines, and what is their name?  Are you giving them a separate "Speaker label" to override their GameObject name, and does their name appear correctly in the Speech Manager?  (Filter by Character to see this)
  • Hi,

So, to clarify. All my other Player Mp3's, which are in the same folder as the dialogue lines not playing in this scene, play correctly with no problem. I have not renamed or moved anything, and they have this syntax:

Resources/Speech/Player/Player1412

(example in screenshots in below link)

The Player's lines are not playing. And the NPC's lines are not playing. But only in this scene - the same characters play their dialogue in other scenes fine. And just to clarify, they used to play no problem, and I haven't moved or renamed any files or characters. Theses characters in all other scenes play their dialogue no problem.

(example in screenshots in below link)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5mm98glbp1fe58e/AACTOZnsIHlzsjAVIwJElK1Ja?dl=0

My only thinking is that this scene is for some reason not 'seeing' the Resource folder, but if all other scenes are, I cannot work out why?
  • UPDATE

So, when I search in the Speech Manager for a character in Start Screen (by scene) not dialogue lines show up, but they do when I change the scene. Therefore, it thinks there is no dialogue in Start Screen. I plan to re-gather text.
  • And lo and behold, that was it. It hadn't gathered all the text properly last time i did it! RESOLVED