Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu label override not translated

edited May 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hi,
I know my request is weird, because I'm using version 1.50i of AC, but I'm still in Unity 4 because the project is too big to be converted in last versions (I already tryed with a looooot of errors).
Btw, if someone can give me a hand... here's the issue.

I created a menu with AC with a button like in the pic:
Menu1
In the "Hotspot label override" I put a short description that appear when I go on that button with the mouse cursor and the text appear in a separate place, set in this other Element:

Menu2
It works all great, except for the translations... I already have gathered text and exported all translations, in the csv file there are the MenuElement name and its respective "Button text" field ("Diventare membro..."), but there are no lines written in the "Hotspot label override" field. 
There aren't even the example I put in the "Placeholder text" field... "Tentare di aprire......".

It was a corrected bug or I'm missing something? 
If it was a bug, there is the possibilities to get some code from the latest version?

Thanx in advance!
Bye

Comments

• The ability to translate the "Hotspot label override" was made available in v1.55b.  I'll PM you a link to it.

• Thanx Chris, it worked first attempt! So, also the 1.55 works fine on Unity 4 (exept for the mouse cursor, when I have a hotspot with Single use interaction, I see the 2 frame of my cursor but i think I can solve it in some way). 
    Is the 1.55b the last compatible with Unity 4 if you know? Or if someone else is using Unity4 with a version after 1.55b (I tryied to import the 1.62.6 but it says Incorrect format)?
    Thanks again!
  • Official Unity 4 support ended with v1.57b.  What was the exact error message you got?  The prefabs etc won't import, but you may fare better just importing the scripts.

In a backup/test project, try importing the Scripts folder of the latest release.  You'll get some minor errors where Vector2.left must be replaced with -Vector2.right, and Vector2.down with -Vector2.up, but otherwise you might be OK.
  • Here's the error message when I try to import 1.62.6:
    "Error while importing package: Package has unknown format
    UnityEditor.AssetStoreContext:OpenPackage(String)".

Tryied to copy only the script from 1.62.6, after correct the vector2, it gives me this error:

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/AdvGame.cs(607,40): error CS0117: `UnityEngine.Gizmos' does not contain a definition for `DrawMesh'

Btw, if u can point me to the latest U4 version (1.57b), I'll be happy!
    Thank you
  • Thanks!!!