Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with dialogue

This scene in particular is giving me an issue! There's this "button" button that appears in the middle of the screen (only for this scene?), and dialogue for one character is glitchy.

When I preview the dialogue in the gameplay window, there's no issue.

Here's screenshots of the issue and the game editor: https://imgur.com/a/qqhm7FK

Comments

• The menu properties you've posted are for an AC menu, but the Button on-screen is a Unity UI one - so the two are not related.

Check your Hierarchy for the Button - is the object only present in the Hierarchy at runtime, or is it in the scene file?  If it's spawned in at runtime, check your other Menus in your Menu Manager for one that might be spawning it.  It'll be one that has its "Source" field set to either "Unity Ui Prefab" or "Unity Ui In Scene".  If not, it's likely not AC-related but a Unity UI button on its own.

As for the dialogue, check if there are any other subtitle-displaying menus in your Menu Manager.  I suspect you do, since the one you've posted is limited to just show "Eli" lines.  Has any other been set to exlude "Eli" lines?
  • I found a button had been added in the hierarchy — no idea how that happened! Deleted it and the button was gone.

I can't find anything else about the ELI dialogue, though. I went through all my subtitle dialogue options, and they're all set to only appear for specific characters. Is there somewhere else I can look to find the issue?
  • So I figured it out, posting here for posterity: I have another character named Cecelia, and I believe the "Eli" part of that name was causing the double dialogue box issue.

This probably isn't a super common issue, but it might be something to change down the line!
  • Thanks for the info.
  • Afraid I can't recreate that in the current release.  What's your AC version?