Forum rules - please read before posting.

Asset Bundle and vpl

A simple technical question. With AC can I add new DLC areas, and VPL in the the area in asset bundles. Sorry for the question. I was working with another VPL, but it doesn't work with asset bundles.

Comments

• By "VPL in the area", you're referring to ActionLists in scenes that are added in as DLC?

Having AC work with AssetBundles is tricky, and not something it officially supports, but - depending on the scope of your DLC - should be possible with some custom scripting.

Things get tricky if you have speech audio / translations, because AC requires speech text be gathered in the Speech Manager beforehand.  If your game makes use of these, you'd need to include a script that updates the Speech Manager with gathered text lines present in the new scenes.
  • Thank you. right that makes sense. yes, ActionsLists, the inspector/flow graph of logic.

My plan is that main adventure parts will have new audio. But the focus is have mini puzzle areas that will re-use graphical assets, sounds, etc. There won't be no scripts, and my game isn't using speech.
  • edited May 2018
    If you're using the dedicated music system (Sound: Play music), then you'll have to update the "Music Storage" script with any new tracks you add in.

Otherwise, if you just use the Sound: Play Action to play your music, that should be fine.
  • Thank you very much for your replies. AC is still a great toolkit :)