Forum rules - please read before posting.

Navigation Mesh and slopes in 2d Adventures

GMPGMP
edited September 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi Everyone,

I searched on the forum to check if this matter has been discussed elsewhere but with no success, so I hope not posting about an already solved issue.

I'm developing a 2d adventure and I'm having some problem with the nav meshes (I'm using Unity Navigation): I wish to create a corridor and a small slope at the end of it but I can't manage to make so the characters move on the veritical axis while on the slope. He simply keep moving as the terrain was flat.

The baking's result is correct as designed with the proper shapes and inclinations. Strangely also the debug drawn trajectory shows the points on which I click on as if it was correctly getting the slope...

Maybe I'm missing something or simply in 2d set is not possible to have slopes on the navigation meshes?

Thanks for all the help

GMP

Comments

• edited September 2014
    If you're using Unity Navigation, you must be using either Top Down or World/Screen Space as your Moving and turning setting, yes?

So long as you give your Player prefab a (usually Capsule) Collider and Rigidbody, it should work just fine.  Please post a screenshot of your Settings Manager and Player's Inspector, and we'll see what's wrong exactly.