Forum rules - please read before posting.

Pause not working anymore...

Latest AC, Unity 2018

I am slightly confused, my Freeze menu has a When Turned On Action List of 'Engine:Wait 0', however, when I hit pause, the game continues to run and doesn't freeze? This only happens in the build - in Unity the game pauses correctly.

The pause menu is called by clicking on another menu called OptionsInPlay that crossfades turning on the Pause menu.

But as I say, this all works fine in Unity/AC but doesn't in the Build?

Comments

• I've now located the error to be in the Title Screen scene, as if I do not include this scene in the build, then the game does pause.... I will investigate further what action list is disabling Freeze Menu
  • Is there anything that would obviously cause this that I should look for?
  • Please be more specific than "2018" when posting your Unity version number.

What do you mean by "Freeze menu", and what are the properties of the ActionList that runs when it turns on?  If the ActionList only waits zero seconds, what is its purpose?  What is the state of its "Unfreezes 'Pause' menus?" property?

Please provide clear steps to reproduce the issue.
  • Hi,

Sure. Version number is Unity 2018.1.2f1 

Freeze menu is my menu for pausing the game, which it does in Unity but not in the build. I believe that engine:wait with 0 seconds pauses the game?

Is there a better way to pause the game on Pause menu?

Thanks

James

• Checking Pause game when enabled? in the Menu's properties is the way to pause the game when a Menu is turned on.
  • My Pause menu has this box ticked, but it will not work in the Build
  • Please answer my questions fully - there is not enough information to advise.

Create a new scene that is set up to enable the Menu in question, so that the problem can be immediately seen.  Then create a .unitypackage file of the only scene, your Manager assets, Unity UI canvases (if any), Menu graphics, and ActionLists associated with the Menus.  PM me the package, and I'll look at it.
  • I have sorted this now thanks, I had locked the menu in the previous scene, even though I had an unlock action, it wasn't working, so in removing the locking menu, it worked when on in the next scene. I have another query about a menu, but I will post in a new thread