Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot: Label & Object: Change Material?

edited September 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hello.

I was just wondering if there was any way to not display a label on a specific hotspot, but still be able to do it on others.

I saw the Action - Hostspot - Rename, but i dont think that would help as i need it to not have a name from the start.

Also, is there any possibility to add a "Object - Change Material" action to AC?

Thanks

Comments

• Try entering a single space character into the Hotspot's Label (if not name) field.  The Hotspot will display, but since it's just a space it won't be visible.
  • Nice that worked. Thank you.

So is there any possibility to add a "Object: Change Material" action to AC? Or would i just need to do that via playmaker?
  • How would such an Action work?  Many objects have multiple materials - I'm not sure how the UI should behave.  If there's already a way through PM, I'd say go with that.
  • In Playmaker, i goes by Index.

This is what the Action would look like:
    • Gameobject to Affect
    • Material Index (starting at 0)
    • Replacement Material
  • Perfectly explained, thanks.  I'll see about writing one.
  • Sounds good, thanks.
  • edited March 2016
    Hello, following up on if we are yet able to set a material with parameter option?

I have to set a material on a randomly selected card.

• Random Number Integer
    • Set Global Variable to save Card Number
    • Add it to Inventory
    ••• Change the Object material to the matching Card Number

• Sorry, what is it you're asking for exactly?  The "Object to affect" field is already parameterise-able with GameObject parameters.
  • edited April 2016

• I need the object to allow the material to be set to a parameter as well.  If the RandomVariable is 5, then, the material for the 1st card must be set to 5, then 5 is removed from the list, and it can select any card but 5 going forward.  

I am trying to keep the card placeholder the same, and just change the material based on the randomNumber.
  • Currently, Unity objects cannot be parameters - only GameObjects and variables.  Whether this can be changed or not is a technical problem I will have to look into.
  • Thank you Cris.
  • This should indeed be possible - a new "Unity Object" parameter type will be available in the next release.
  • Beautiful