Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unholy

edited June 2018 in Games showcase

Soooo, I've just completed my first AC 3d game (although, I've completed a few 2d games before now). It's the usual old tosh: sassy big city girl goes on vacation, girl breaks down outside old church, girl meets monks, monks want to sacrifice girl, girl doesn't want to be sacrificed. Will she solve the riddle and escape their evil clutches? Or, something

Anyway, more a learning exercise than anything else, and I probably won't bother releasing it. It looks quite nice, but, in theatrical terms it wouldn't even amount to a one-act play, let alone the next Hamlet. Probably 30 minutes playing time max. And that's only if you've never played a point and click adventure before. One main set-piece puzzle, and a few simple "find the thingee that opens the thingee" puzzles leading up to it

Thoughts about AC? Well, after a LOAD of huffing and puffing with camera and other settings, I never really ended up with a control mechanism that felt smooth and natural. I never had the same problem when using it for 2d, and my feeling is that it would have been better to try and implement a third party camera solution. Maybe I'll do that if I ever attempt another 3d adventure with AC

Which I might do at some point, as I've grown quite attached to the main character, Abby (from StudioNewPunch. The graveyard models are quite nice too, from Mixaill)

But, anyway, this particular adventure's done and dusted. Time to move onto other projects...

Comments

• I like this, but screens are so small. What do you mean trouble w/ controls and camera? 
  • Looking nice! Can we see larger images?
  • edited June 2018
    Sorry for the late reply guys (@3DSlayer @salex), I hadn't noticed that there had been posts here. Larger versions of the original images here:

As to problems with the controls/camera, all I really meant was that they're quite servicable for a point-and-click adventure, but they just don't feel... silky smooth. It's particularly problematic in a confined space, as when Abby enters the church

I'm working on 2d stuff at the moment, but if I go back to 3d (maybe even if I revisit this particular project) then I'll probably look at implementing some kind of custom control system next time round