Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu's turning off menu's when turned on?

Is it the case that you can only have one menu on at a time? Or that a menu can turn off other menu's? When I pause my game and the pause menu appears, if the Loading Menu is on (animated loading sign top left) whilst pausing, the loading menu disappears? 

I have added an action list to check that the variable LoadingOn is on (activated true when loading action list is played) in the Pause when off action list to turn the Loading back on if True after closing the Pause menu, but this only happens on first Pausing -- after that it turns it off even though the Variable true is still on.

Please see action lists and menu's for the Pause Loading menu's

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ffh8o99l6km03q4/AAD8Xb2Ui7S4jyN9EBTqqCo8a?dl=0

Comments

• edited June 2018
    • Is it the case that you can only have one menu on at a time?
    No.

• Or that a menu can turn off other menu's?
    If a Menu Appear type is set to On Input Key and pauses the game when enabled (as is the case with the default Pause menu), then it will crossfade to it (turning off all others).  Crossfading also occurs if a Button menu element's Click type is set to Crossfade.

You haven't shared how your Pause menu is turned on, so I can't rule out #2 being the cause.

You can, however, get a stacktrace to display when Loading is turned off by inserting the following into Menu.cs' TurnOff method:

if (title == "Loading") Debug.Log ("Turning off Loading");

Paste that underneath:

if (IsOff ())
    {
        return false;
    }

The Console will then alert you when Loading is turned off.  What does it say when it is turned off unintentionally?

• Thanks, this is now sorted. It was the Crossfade! I switched it and now it is fine