Forum rules - please read before posting.

Mouse click point from top left

edited September 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi, the click of the mouse is now get from the center of the cursor (that as default is a circle).

I'd like to use an arrow cursor instead, so the click point should be on the up left. Is there a way to do it with code or is it better to simply create a different image for the cursor? (ex. create a larger image full of transparency with the arrow point in the middle).

Comments

• Better to go with a different image - I shouldn't think it'd make a difference performance-wise.
  • This is something I always wanted to request. In much the same way Unity itself (in Player Settings) lets you set the exact pixel on the cursor's texture that actually makes the click (as X and Y from the top left corner of the texture), I would be happy if you will consider adding this in AC's Cursor manager for each cursor. Each cursor in this case will have, Icon ID, Label, Texture, Hotspot (or some other term to differentiate it from the scene hotspots), Size and Animate.

Nothing urgent but it would be great if this could be implemented some day.