Forum rules - please read before posting.

Multiple text with same ID

edited September 2014 in Technical Q&A
I'm not sure why but when I gather the text and then export it I've found multiple lines with the same ID.

Example:

I think that this happened when I copied a button.
So when I click -> copy button and -> paste button in the menu seems it duplicates its ID.

Is there a way to solve it?

Comments

• I'll look into a fix.  You're right, it's very likely because of the copying.  In the meantime, you'll have to delete the elements and create them anew.
  • edited September 2014
    This may be related about one other element of duplication.

When I try to copy a cutscene the new cutscenes share the same dialogue with the last one. So if I change a dialogue in the cutscene it'll change also the same dialogue on the other.

Let's say I have:
    CUTSCENE 1
    Dialogue 1
    Dialogue 2
    Dialogue 3
    Dialogue 4

And I copy it to create a similar, but longer cutscene:
    CUTSCENE 2
    Dialogue 1
    Dialogue 2
    Dialogue 3
    Dialogue 4
    Dialogue 5
    Dialogue 6

Then if I change Dialogue 1 in CUTSCENE 1 it'll change also Dialogue 1 of CUTSCENE 2.

(To avoid this I'm currenctly cut-copying the dialogue and not the cutscene, in this case, the issue doesn't raise)
  • edited September 2014
    This also happened to me when I created a cutscene that runs an ActionList asset file with parameters. When I change a parameter in one cutscene, it also changes it in a copy of that cutscene.

I was already wondering why this happens, since the whole idea of the parameters is to quickly alter an ActionList, which is kind of impossible if the set parameters are being copied :P
  • The problems associated with duplicated entire ActionList-based objects is known, and an unfortunate effect of the way Unity works.

The offical work-around is to copy the Actions within, and paste them into a fresh object.  This can be done easily using the ActionList Editor window - right-clicking in there allows you to Select All, so that you can copy all Actions en masse.